Afordonz Consulting Limited – Our client who specializes in Real Estate / Facilities Management is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Project Construction
Industry: Real Estate
- The Head of Project is responsible for project delivery and overall coordination of the project department and team members in all project locations,
- HE/SHE is Saddled with the overall responsibility of ensuring quality and customer satisfaction for all projects.
- Provide overall co-ordination of the project department and its team members
- Provide supervisory oversight on main contractor and scope of work.
- Ensure all designs are thoroughly checked and signed off in a timely fashion
- Ensure quality control and conformity of architectural/construction drawings and other service drawings
- Continuous tracking of project requirement and scope changes
- Update of action log and close out outstanding issues within stipulated time
- Liaise directly with consultants to ensure project objectives are met
- Co-ordinate project meetings between consultants and project team
- Ensure quality control across project sites.
- Conduct value engineering and provide evidence of cost reduction
- Ensure proper stakeholder engagement.
- Responsible for quality control on all project sites
- Responsible for set up and coordination of all green and brown field project
Post Design Phase Activities:
- Project Scheduling and Monitoring.
- Provide first level interface between project consultants and organization.
- Assist consultants & Tender committee with the preparation of tender documentation.
- Measure and verify project scope
- Facilitate scope change requests
- Facilitate and prepare impact assessments of scope change requests
- Organize and facilitate scheduled change control meetings
- Communicate outcomes of scope change requests –
- Report project performance to the EDD
- B.Sc Degree in Engineering, Building Technology or related field
- Minimum of 10 years overall experience out of which 3 should be a leadership role
- Member of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed & recent CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Multiple applications will result in disqualification.